Utilizing The Fragments
Learn The Prerequisites
The Liferay portal is an open-source portal that runs on both your intranet and extranet servers. It is a java dependent application used for developing customized portals and websites.
Liferay portal development is sometimes encouraged, as it facilitates both community and enterprise solutions. You can even hire Liferay developers to assist in your portal development, enhancement, and modifications.
You also need to have a strong base, and a good grasp of the fundamentals if you want to understand the process better. The environment used for programming has specific language editors and source-level debugging facilities. It comprises processes and programming tools that will help the user create a program or software product in simpler terms.
- Form an OSGI module so you can override the original module. You can start by naming the module as override-default-js.
- Click on the Finish button once you have administered the package name.
- The following structure of the module would be seen. Delete the src/main/java Package and the content packages from the src/main/resources.
- Now form a js folder in src/main/resources/META-INF/resources path. Then you can create a copy of the scheduler.js and session.js file and name them as custom-scheduler.js and custom-session.js files. Then once it is all done don’t forget to save the file after applying the changes!
- You can refer to code libraries like GitHub to find references for config.js. You have to ensure that the Liferay-scheduled-override module’s name on the config.js file & a custom-scheduler.js file’s name is the same.
- However, you will want to ensure that the group name is set per the module in your config.js file is different. You can refer to the example you choose and with the right coding background, you might be able to get the hang of it.
- The config.js location and the name of the module formed in Web-ContextPath should be specified in the band. bnd file.
- The final step is to execute your module.
- If you desire to override scheduler.js in a different module then you need to build another OSGI module as you try and use the same steps mentioned above.
If you desire to override scheduler.js in a different module, you need to build another OSGI module as you try and use the same steps.
Free up the memory by enabling garbage collectors.
- Check whether you have given a different is set per the module in your config.js file or not. If not then do it.
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- You now have to log in via the admin and open the control panel. Go to configurations then to server administration and finally click on the execute button to perform the following actions:
- Create a thread dump.
- Clear all of the content that was cached by this VM
- Clear the content which had been cached across your cluster
- Clear the cache of the database.
- Clear the cache of the direct servlet.
- Now right-click on the reload icon found in the browser. After this click on the Empty all the cache and the hard reload button.
To Know More About: Top Ten Benefits of Liferay DXP for Your Enterprise
Summing It Up